1. Have content
- Your text
- Your pictures
- Your videos
2. Register your name on the internet
- A business can register their name with the Bermuda Government and pay $100 for a .bm name. If you serve Bermuda customers, the .bm will identify your site as part of the region.
- International hosting companies can offer registration. The fee is lower, but you are registered outside Bermuda and will not have personal support. Prices range based on the name.
3. Select a web host
Your website will sit at this location on the internet. There are many web hosts; choose wisely.
- All-in-one websites include host, registration and platform - you would rent everything.
- Managed websites allow flexible hosting options.
4. Choose a website platform
This application will display your text, pictures and video.All-in-one Website Plaforms
There are many all-in-one website platforms. After you place your content inside one, you are locked in. Some include:
These sites offer simple interfaces that allow you to build a website quickly.Managed Website Platforms
If you are looking for a website that will grow with your business, there are a few good managed platforms. The platforms are frameworks that let you add what you need and customize. Some include:
- Word Press
Managed platforms offer impressive scale - from a single page up to full-scale e-commerce store. Additionally, they work well with evolving e-commerce and digital marketing trends, for example, SEM, SEO, mobile-first.